Thursday, September 13, 2012

au revoir

I'm headed to France tomorrow with my two sisters, Ellen and Jenny! We will be meeting up with my mother in the Loire Valley for about a week and then going to Paris. I never thought i'd be going back this soon. 

Alexei has a theory about worldly places - he says that Paris is a 5-year city, meaning that you can find some excuse to go every 5 years. I don't know about that, but I'm happy to be visiting this amazing place once again. It's actually been 6 years for me (although I was in Bordeaux last year)! I found this picture of me at 22 years-old in front of the Eiffel Tower. I have no idea what I was doing. I think this was supposed to be a perspective shot that didn't quite work out. Nonetheless - I look at the person in this photo - traveling for the first time in her life: I was so young and my heart was so big for the world. I'm happy to say that it still is. Although the girl pictured could have nevered imagined what life had in store for her, I am happy that she, I, still have this same love and spark for life. 

I will try to write a little about my travels when I can. Au revoir for now. France, mon ami, here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment